Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Let's Learn our Names!

We have been working hard to learn our names! I have a helper of the day.  So we cycle through everyone during the month. 
  • The first time we did King and Queen. Each person was the king or queen of the day.  They got to wear a crown and cape.  The crown was a paper one that they took home at the end of the day. We made a web of all their favorite things.  We practiced asking and answering questions.  Then everyone made a page for their book.  So fun and cute. I took pictures of them all in the cape and crown for the cover.  As we did this  we added their name to the word wall.


  • The second time through we did a name chart.  We added names to this according to their first letter of their name. I did the first letter and different color than the rest so that they could really see their beginning letter. I put a box around all the ones that began with the same letter. Picture coming soon.


  • The third time through did this graph. I cut 3 inch strips of cardstock.  I made this chart.  Everyday I had the helper come up to the front of the class and I wrote their name on a strip of their choice.  Then I cut it up.  Letter by letter.  They would say "Oh No, It's broken" Then the helper would pick up the pieces and we glued them back together on the chart.  I would then pick some names on the chart and we would compare ....Whose name had fewer and more letters than theirs. It really got them talking about their names more and the letters in them.
Next time through we will be making "My book of Friends"   The kids will actually cut up each name and glue it together to make a book of friends. Picture coming soon!

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of this graph! I think it will be a great way to help the kiddos with learning their names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of this graph! I think it will be a great way to help the kiddos with learning their names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for this great idea. Applied to my kindergarten 1st week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www.yengecegitim.com/kres-oyuncaklari-isleri kreş oyuncakları oyun evleri montessoriye uygun eğitici oyuncaklar domino ve bağlantı kurma ahşap oyuncaklar keçe oyuncaklar kreş donanımları kreş mobilyaları

    ReplyDelete